We need to raise $1.2 million. Here's why.
Family-friendly live theatre lives on the Peninsula but not for long. For more than 16 years, Paradise Theatre has been Gig Harbor’s only live theatre, bringing Broadway-style shows plus arts education for children to our community.
We’ve launched a capital campaign to raise $1.2 million to help us find a new home. Our mission is to “provide engaging theatre and theatre education of the highest quality that will strive to uplift and entertain”. In order to meet our mission and provide services to our community, we rely on the generosity of community-minded individuals and businesses like you for support.
Your support has enabled us to:
- Present 5 northwest premieres, including: Spamalot, Hairspray, The Addams Family and Catch Me If You Can!
- Entertain over 100,000 audience members with our family-friendly productions at reasonable prices (tickets as low as $6).
- Teach performing arts to hundreds of kids each year in our classes and workshops, just celebrating our Summer Theatre Camp’s 20th anniversary here in Gig Harbor.
- Have many of our students return year after year because their parents recognize they are also learning essential life skills: leadership, teamwork and goal-setting.
Paradise Theatre makes an economic impact on Gig Harbor:
- 80 performances/annually at the only live theatre in town - inspiring local residents and visitors to spend their dollars in town for entertainment
- Attracting 10,000 patrons/annually from King, Kitsap and Pierce Counties, plus from the Olympia area, making a $50,000/year impact
- $120,000/year spent promoting Gig Harbor as a cultural destination
We are also a good neighbor and community member:
- Partnering with local restaurants and hotels to create mutual opportunities
- Donating tickets and providing space to other nonprofits to help them meet their goals
- Giving more than 1,000 tickets to local families and kids to insure live theater is part of their life experiences
Our goal of $1.2 million will allow us to continue our work in Gig Harbor by creating a 250-seat performing arts and arts education center. We ask that you make a commitment to support our Capital Campaign with a monthly pledge, a one-time donation or a sponsorship. Your generosity can make a difference to the arts in Gig Harbor.
We ask that you help us “ACT LOCAL” saving the arts here on the Peninsula - and join us for a fresh, new chapter of family-friendly live theatre for our community.
Interested in having "your name in lights"? Click here to learn about sponsorship opportunities!
Thank you for your support!
* Paradise Theatre is a non-profit 501 ( C ) 3 organization and your donation is tax deductible to the full extent the law allows.